Providing the Finest Quality Of Anatase Grade Tio2, Rutile Grade Tio2, Titanium Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide Powder Known for Its Outstanding Results.
Travancore Titanium Products Limited (TTPL) is the largest manufacturer, exporter and supplier of Anatase Grade Titanium Dioxide in India. Established in 1946, TTPL ventured into production of Titanium Dioxide through sulphate Route in 1951, in collaboration with Britain Titan Products Ltd (Huntsman). For more than 60 years now, TTPL is efficiently serving customers in various parts of the globe and has maintained a prolific track record. Dedicated to the vision of Maharaja of Travancore, who envisaged an industrially developed Kerala, TTPL has backed itself up through excellence in production and supply of the aforementioned chemical compound. During the economic transition in the post globalization and liberalization era, the company stayed firm and remained as the top company producing titanium dioxide.
TTPL is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company owned by Government of Kerala. The company is always committed to provide impeccable quality Titanium Dioxide to the customers. The high standard products help enrich the product quality of clients at a reduced cost. Products manufactured by TTPL are marketed under the brand name “AJANTOX”. In several countries and regions such as USA, Europe, Middle East and Eastern Countries, AJANTOX has become a famous brand, which is trusted by the users. Synonymous with quality, consistency and affordability, the Brand is now fast gaining ground in the international market. TTPL remains firm to its principle of providing consistent quality to the customers in the future as well.
- The visionary thinking of Maharaja of Travancore led to the incorporation of Travancore Titanium Products Limited on 18th December 1946 in collaboration with British Titan Products, UK (Hunstman). His highness late Sri. Chithira Thirunal Balaramavarma Maharaja visualized the industrialization of his kingdom by finding out the rich mineral deposits in the beach sand near Quilon.
- The company began production of Titanium Dioxide through sulphate Route in 1951. The installed capacity of the plant was 1800 tons per annum (i.e. 5 tons per day)
- Full-fledged production started from 1.1.1954
- TTPL initiated its maiden expansion programme in 1957 with an aim of doubling the annual production capacity from 1800 to 3600 tonnes (5 to 10 tons per day-1800 tones Rutile & 1800 tones Anatase).
- TTPL was taken over by Government of Kerala in 1960.
- A full time Research & Development Wing was established in 1961.
- Industrial License for 50 Mts per day expansion was obtained in July 1961. It was set up with a plan to produce Rutile Grade and Anatase Grade side by side.
- Further expansion from 10 to 18 tons per day achieved in October 1963. However, the Rutile production was temporarily discontinued in 1963
- Government approved the expansion programme for producing 50 tons per day in 1967.
- The sole selling agency agreement with Ms. TTK & Co. that has been in force since 1954 was terminated on 30.06.1970 from the date TTP took over the sale directly.
- The next expansion programme of production up to 24500 tons per annum took place in 1973.
- KSIPTC was appointed as the sole selling agents with effect from 1st March, 1979. By now, marketing of Titanium Dioxide is done by TTPL itself.
- Conversion of Sulphuric Acid plant into DCDA technology on a turnkey basis was undertaken by FEDO at a cost of Rs.193.69 lakhs and which was inaugurated on 13.09.1980
- The DCDA project, which started in 1980, was commissioned in June 1984.
- Contract for constructing a new 300 tons per day Sulphuric acid plant with the latest emission control devices awarded to M/s. DMCC on 2110-1993 at a cost of 24.42 crores. The plant was commissioned on 29 March 1996.
- TTPL has been able to withstand the upheaval in the economic scenario during the post globalization and liberalization period(project details may include)
- 1998. Provided secure landfill facility for hazardous waste disposal
- Production of Rutile grade Titanium Dioxide by in-house technology was started in 2001.
- 2002 ISO 9002:1994 Registration
- In 2003 TTPL started direct marketing & entered in to the export market
- In 2004 ISO 9001:2000 Registration
- In 2010 ISO 9001:2008 Registration
Awards & Recognition
TTPL bagged Certificate of Merit Award for the year 2010-11 from Capexil for the performance in Exports Sales.
Latest Trade Offers
Ajantox RD-01 (PG) is premium grade rutile with fewer residues & less Fe content. This primarily meant for Plastic Master Batches Applications. It can..
These Ajantox RD-01 (Rutile Grade Titanium Dioxide) is indigenously through Sulphate route technology and TTP marketing this product without surface t..